Fertility treatments can be the only way to help patients who suffer from inferility for various reasons. Different patient groups such as single women, female couples and heterosexual couples can be helped with fertility treatments to become pregnant and have a healthy baby. Fertility treatments offer various advantages for people who either have trouble conceiving or for whom it is not even possible to become pregnant without help. Read more about the benefits of fertility treatments!
Do you want to have a baby? Fertility treatments can make it happen for you.
Advantages of fertility treatment
- People who have difficulties in conceiving naturally can be helped to get pregnant.
- With in vitro fertilization (ie. IVF) women with damaged or blocked fallobian tubes can get pregnant with their own eggs.
- With IVF women with low ovarian reserve, endometriosis or polykystic ovary syndrome can maximaize the change of conceiving.
- With IVF or ICSI couples with a serious male infertility problem will have a much higher chance of succeeding than naturally. We have several analysis methods and treatment options to facilitate this: Sperm DNA-fragmentation test, MiOXSYS oxidative stress test intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) and Physiological Intracytoplasmic Sperm (PICSI).
- IVF can help to find the cause of unexplained infertility (ie. idiopathic infertility). In some cases, the problem lies in correct fertilization. This may not be diagnosed until fertilization is attempted in the laboratory. Although the outcome can be disappointing, it is best to uncover such problems and to plan the next treatment to be done with ICSI.
- For female couples and single women who wish to have a child, undergoing fertility treatment provides a safe and realible way of achieving this with donated sperm from registered donors.
- With fertility treatment with pre-implantation genetic diagnosis we can help couples who are concerned about passing on genetic disorders or chromosomal
abnormalities to their children. IVF with PGT is one of the most reliable way to ensure that a child will not have the disorder. Pre-implantation genetic screening (PGT-A) improves the chance of a successful outcome as it screens embryos for chromosomal disorders such as Down’s syndrome. Both techniques are available at Ovumia Fertinova clinics.