Successful fertility treatment requires expertise in many areas and close dialogue between various professions. The staff of the fertility treatment laboratory participates in the planning and implementation of treatment.
The Ovumia laboratory is committed to high-quality work in all laboratory work phases related to fertility treatments. We follow a quality system including, for example, quality controls, ensuring traceability of each phase of work and developing and maintaining the professional skills of our staff.
More than 700 fertility treatments are carried out in the Ovumia laboratory annually with excellent results.
Complex laboratory services
Basic and special methods
- Investigating the causes of infertility, the necessary medical examinations and planning the treatment
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- In vitro fertilisation (IVF)
- Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Embryo culture: blastocyst culture
- Freezing of embryos: vitrification
Treatments using donor gametes and embryos
- Treatments using donor sperm
- Treatments using donor eggs
- Treatments using donor embryos
- The Finnish Egg Bank