Ovumia acquires Terveystalo’s Fertinova clinics in Helsinki and Jyväskylä. With now three clinics, Ovumia strengthens its position as a leading fertility treatment provider. All clinics will provide advanced fertility expertise based on scientific research and extensive in-house development.
Terveystalo’s Fertinova clinics in Helsinki and Jyväskylä are, by business acquisition, transferred to Ovumia. Through the acquisition Ovumia will double its sales.
– The trade strengthens our position as Finland’s leading fertility treatment provider. All clinics will provide advanced, state of the art fertility know-how based on scientific research and extensive in-house development, Chairman of the Board, Pekka Sillanaukee, says.
Ovumia’s operating model allows a fast start for treatments even when the treatment process includes donor gametes. Ovumia established a donor egg bank in 2015 which secured Ovumia’s position as pioneer in donor egg treatments in Finland.
– With high-quality medical competence, individual treatment planning and latest technology, not to mention friendly and compassionate service, we can help even more people to succeed in having children, Ovumia’s Director of Development, Candido Tomás, states.
– Terveystalo is known for its groundbreaking work in the field of health care. We are giving up fertility treatments and concentrating in versatile medical and hospital services as well as in oral health care services, says Terveystalo’s Director of National services, Lasse Parvinen.
Ovumia acquired Fertinova clinic in Tampere in November 2015 from Terveystalo and integrated the clinic to Ovumia’s operations in 2016.
Persistent service development of fertility treatments
Ovumia has developed treatments, services and technology facilitating the overall development and advancement of treatments for childlessness. For instance, Ovumia’s egg bank expedites the execution of donor egg treatments.
– Freezing one’s eggs provides the possibility of maintaining fertility for women who, for one reason or another, wish to postpone having children. Embryo screening and selection can be enhanced and optimized with chromosome screening as a part of IVF (in vitro fertilization) treatments. Hence, the possibility for the treatment to be successful can be significantly increased; the risk of miscarrying can be decreased; and futile embryo transfers, which can strain the patient, can be avoided. We offer embryo diagnostic services also to families who are in high risk of having a child with a serious, life threatening genetic disorder or disease, says Pekka Sillanaukee.
A strong reputation also beyond the Finnish borders as expert in treating childlessness
The domestic and international customers of Ovumia and Fertinova have already had over 12 000 babies.
– Finnish proficiency in fertility treatments and treatments for childlessness is internationally renowned. Ovumia’s proportion of international customers coming to Finland for fertility treatments is approximately 70%, estimates Pekka Sillanaukee.
Ovumia in short
Ovumia Oy is the leading privately owned company in Finland specializing in fertility treatments and treating childlessness. Ovumia has offices and clinics in Tampere, Helsinki and Jyväskylä. Ovumia’s sales were approximately 2.1M€ in 2016. Ovumia operates as the center of expertise in reproductive biology and gamete bank technology. Ovumia has a sister company, Nova Vita Kliinik, in Tallinn.
Fertinova and AVA clinics in short
Fertinova clinics (also known as AVA Clinic Finland) have continued the work of a fertility treatment pioneer, AVA Clinics. AVA Clinic Tampere, established in 1993, developed many treatments and services as a forerunner during its years of activity. Ovumia acquired AVA Clinic Tampere from Terveystalo in November 2015 when its key persons joined Ovumia’s workforce.
Chairman of the Board: Pekka Sillanaukee, Ovumia Oy, pekka.sillanaukee(a)ovumia.fi, tel. 040 833 1313